Thursday, June 12, 2008

So, the Wilson's have been a busy couple for last week or two!! This last weekend we participated in CRANU 3 at our church. Well, Terry competed and I worked the event. For those of you wondering what CRANU is, it's a biathlon event in which you compete with a partner and you have a croquet match and then you participate in a canoe race. It's pretty crazy and competitive. Terry's partner for the competition was our friend Jamie Lowery. They practiced every Saturday morning for over a month! They were even nice enough to teach another team how to play. Bill & Dave, who was supposed to compete in the Champions bracket (where your combined ages equaled 80+). Afterall, they weren't going to compete against each other, so what would it hurt? Terry even taught them strategy!

Well, they only had three teams register for the men's Champion division, so they placed those teams into the men's open bracket, which meant that Bill and Dave would play against Terry and Jamie. Well, Terry and Jamie easily win their first game, and their second game started off a little rough, but they pulled out a win in the end. Trish (Jamie's wife) and I were inside working, but pulling for our guys. We REALLY wanted them to win the whole event and knock out the two year reigning champs, Kevin and jeff (who our guys lost to last year!). So, in their third game, they played Bill and Dave, the guys they taught how to play. I couldn't stay to watch, so when I hadn't heard, I sent a text to Trish "Who won?" She sent one back, "Not our guys. :-(" I was sick. That meant Terry & Jamie moved the Loser's Bracket, where they'd have to win EVERY game to make it to the championship. (Croquet was double elimination.) SO... they came back to win the first game (against Jason and JJ, two of the guys I work for at the church), which means they got to face their arch nemesis 2nd Place is Wide Open, Kevin and Jeff. They lost by only 2 wickets!!!!!!!! They played a GREAT game. We were all a little disappointed, but afterall, it's just a game right?

The rest of the evening was busy with the church wide cookout and Terry and Jamie reffing the final games.

I'll post a couple of pictures below of our weekend. Tomorrow we leave for New Braunfels. We're meeting up with some old friends from Paris, to camp and tube the Guadalupe. I can't wait! Hopefully I'll have some good pics from that to post next week.

Terry & Jamie watching JJ & Jason make their move.







Dave & Bill, Champions in the Champions division!

0 comments: