Well, everyone keeps telling me I need to write a book about my life in Paris, so this will have to do for now. I can't believe I am finally joining the blog scene. I have long read other's blogs, but never have I had one of my own. We shall see how this goes.
We have lived in Paris since August of 2005. I'm not sure I realized how different life would be once we moved here. We moved from Atlanta, GA, a town of 4 million people, to Paris, Texas, a small East Texas town of 25,000 people. There are several things I love about living in a small town, the first being, you can be anywhere in town in less than 15 minutes. In fact, the first month I lived here, I was 30 minutes early to everything because I couldn't sit at my house any longer because I thought I would be late! Now, I tend to run a little late because I know it will only take me 5 minutes!
I miss the conveniences of a bigger town though. I miss being able to run to the mall to pick out a pair of shoes or a new top. We only have a small Penny's, Bealls, Belks and a Bath and Body Works. We have some nice stores downtown, but they are pricey! One shirt I saw was $180! I need something inbetween Bealls and pricey boutiques! I miss Target.
Another thing about living in a small town is that everyone knows everyone else. That can be a plus and a minus. It's fun to be able to go to the store and run into a friend, but you have to be careful about what you say because you never know who's listening, or who knows who.
All in all though, Paris has been a great adventure. We have made some great friends, found a good church, and I have learned a lot about who I am and what I can do!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment