I know it's two years since I started this blog, and almost as long since I have written a post. I always have good intentions about blogging, but then I never do. So, I am going to try and write occasionally to let you know what's going on with the Wilson's.
A quick update for everyone. We've been in Houston about two years now. It will be two years in August. We're really feeling settled and I like it. We have found a church we love, River Pointe Church (RPC). In fact, it's where I work. I am the Worship and Creative Arts Assistant. A long name that basically means I work in the communications department and with the music guys. I do a lot of different things, but I love it. I will celebrate my one year anniversary here next month. Hard to believe! We haven't stayed anywhere long enough for me to keep a job for a year. (I also haven't found one I really loved either, until now!) We have made some great friends at RPC. We lead a small group for 5 other young married couples once a week at our house and we love it!
We've been in our house, just over a year and we love it. We've got two dogs now. Lacey, who we've had for three years and Maddie, who we got last fall. I'll try to post pictures soon.
Terry and I are going to Italy in 170 days, but who's counting?! We're taking a Rick Steve's tour through Venice, Florence and Rome. I am so excited!!!! We leave November 6.
Terry loves his job at Mustang. He is working on a brand new refinery in Canada right now. As I understand it, it's a pretty big thing to build a new refinery. Usually he has to update things and work with existing structures, but this time they get to build it all. Mustang has proved to be an awesome company to work for. They really do value their employees, and though a bit quirky, we love it! We get random tokens of thanks in the mail, a 9volt battery with the Mustang logo to remind us to change the batteries in our smoke detectors when the time changes. A talking box with crazy blue Hawaiian shirt for their 20th Anniversary. We love it! We especially love the flexibility he has there. We're getting really spoiled!
OK, so that's it for now. I promise to try to post on a more regular basis. I'll try to post pictures of the house and the dogs soon. :-)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment