So, tomorrow I will be 29 weeks pregnant, basically, just over 6 months. I only have 11 weeks left before baby Wilson is due to make his appearance. Wow, how time flies! In some ways it feels like we just found out we were pregnant and now it's been 29 weeks.
So far my pregnancy has been fairly uneventful, which is GREAT! Our ultrasound at 19 weeks showed us we were having a boy and Terry couldn't have been happier! We had to have another ultrasound at 23 weeks just to make sure we could see all 4 chambers of the heart and both kidneys since the way he was laying at 19 weeks wouldn't let them see that. Luckily he had all 4 chambers and both kidneys at the next visit. Unfortunately I did not pass my 28 week 1 hour Glucose test, so today I am sitting in the waiting room while we do the 3 hour screening. This one isn't quite as much fun as I had to fast and I have to wait until noon to eat. Who decided pregnant woman should have to have this test? Hmmm, fast for at least 8 hours, and then no food for another 3 hours? I bet it was a man! ;-) Oh well, at least there's WiFi in the office and I can get this blog updated while I sit here.
We have decided on a theme for the nursery and I couldn't be more excited! We have picked Sock Monkeys! Whitney is going to make the bedding for me. I ordered this fabric: http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?sid=25398101043372539&Store_id=499&page_id=23&Item_ID=8631&Parent_Ids=
I also ordered a a red and brown polka dot to go w/ it. We are going to paint the room a light tan color, and the dresser we bought off Craigs List we're going to paint a pretty blue color to match the fabric. Then, the plan is to buy a brown chair for the room. The main colors of the fabrics are blue, brown and red. Now that we have a theme picked, it's so fun to look for and buy stuff! Before it was just stressful because I didn't know what I wanted to do.
For those of you wondering, we still have not chosen a name! I have a feeling we'll wind up picking out a couple of names we like, then naming him once we meet him. It's been quite the challenge to pick a name we BOTH like! It's a big deal to pick a name. There is so much to think about! It can't be too weird, you don't want him to made fun of because of his name, you don't want to pick a name that everyone else has, and so on and so on..... Anyway, if we pick a name before he is born, I PROMISE to let everyone know! :-)
Well I guess that's all for now. I promise to try to post a belly picture soon. I am definitely growing and look very pregnant!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
Yes, I agree the 3 hour glucose test is BRUTAL! I had to go through that with Sophie. Definitely a man's idea! How did it turn out?
Meredith the room sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see it. I can't Baby Wilson will be here soon!!
Post a Comment