Monday, November 30, 2009

One Month Later


So, little did I know when I wrote my last post that I would go into labor later that day! Quick version, I started having contractions that afternoon, and by 7pm they were around 5-7 minutes apart so I called the midwife and she said to come on down to the hospital, but no need to hurry. So we left about an hour later in the POURING rain!! On the way to the hospital the contractions got to where they were 3 minutes apart and the roads were flooding. In fact we passed a car that was facing the oncoming traffic because it had hydroplaned. I was terrified all the way to the hospital that we would hydroplane, but luckily that didn't happen. Everything was good at the hospital and I progressed quickly, until it came time to push. I pushed for 3 hours! Stephen had been turned to the side, so he had trouble moving down and then the cord was wrapped around his neck, so that slowed things down. But, he arrived at 3:10am and he was just fine. Labor is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but the most amazing thing too!


0 comments: