OK, so I read a comment on Jon Acuff, www.stuffchristianslike.com author, who said if he waited for a blog post to be perfect, he would not have published a single post last year. That hit me hard. I think I don't blog because I want my writing to be perfect, well in fact I know that's why I don't blog. I have the desire to write, but I'm really hard on my own writing. I read other blogs and love what they write, and I want mine to be the same. I realize though, they write the way they do because they write on a regular basis. So, my goal for 2012 is to write here once a week. If I write more, bonus, but if not, at least I'm writing once a week!
So for 2012 my other goals are the following, get healthy and fit, and read more! I don't just want to lose weight, I mean I do, but I also want to get healthy and feel better. I'm starting this month by eating clean, very little processed foods and lots of fruits and veggies! Reading is something I miss doing, and I want to read some books for fun not just parenting books. I got a Kindle Touch for Christmas and I love it. I just bought Bossypants by Tina Fey, and so far it has made me laugh out loud more than once!
2011 was a year full of fun and changes. We went from having a toddler to a full fledged little boy! I continued my Thirty-One business with lots of success and even added a few team members. I have enjoyed having a job that allows me the the freedom to make some extra money and get out of the house. I got to go to our national conference in Ohio in July. I had a wonderful time learning about how to build my business, seeing the new product launch and a little break from being mom. Terry stayed busy at Mustang, he's working on a project in North Dakota and he travelled there in November. He also ran his first half marathon in February. He ran the Cowtown Half, which meant a fun weekend with our family before he ran. He apparently loved it, as he's running another this month. We went to Colorado in June with my parents, which involved Stephen's first plane ride. We continue to love our church and our Sunday School class (also called ABF.) I am in charge of hospitality on Sunday mornings, organizing breakfast and making sure all the visitors feel welcomed. My other "job" in class is the meal organizer and that kept me busy this summer and fall. I did discover MealTrain.com though and I LOVE it! It's made organizing meals so much easier.
Of course Christmas 2011 was lots of fun as Stephen seemed to really understand the presents and that some of the presents were for him. He got lots of fun toys, all trains, cars or tool related, which is perfect for him!
I will try to post pictures next time, but for now I'm headed to bed. Trying to get to bed earlier these days, part of my getting healthy!
4 comments:
Proud of you for writing....I struggle with the same thing (in life in general)! Oh, and btw, I LOVE the picture at the top of your page :)
I am so thrilled to hear you pledge to write once a week! I'll certainly be checking in regularly. Your first post is excellent. Don't worry about being perfect---just write the way you talk and it will be great. I do love the way a computer helps you clear away mistakes so easily!...not like in the old days on a typewriter.
Way to go! You're inspiring me to get on it and do a better job of staying on top of blogging! Here's to the new year and kissing perfectionism goodbye!
Meredith, I am still checking your blogspot, and here it is January 22 and the last post was January 3. What happened toyour resolution to post once a week? No pressure here :-) Just wondering???
Love, Nana
Post a Comment