OK, so I had good intentions, and I will continue to shoot for once a week, but life got in the way over here the last two weeks! First, we transitioned Stephen to a "big boy bed" right after Christmas, and I think he's only slept through the night about 4-5 times since then. Then I went to Hilton Head, SC for a team retreat for my Thirty-One business. Hilton Head was beautiful and I can't wait to go back! I had a great time learning some new stuff and hanging out with some awesome ladies.
I got back from HH late last Sunday night and had something on the calendar for every day last week, plus throw in little to no nap time for Stephen, and then being up 2-3 times at night, makes for a VERY tired mom, and not a lot of time to do anything other than what absolutely has to be done.
We had a fun weekend, did some much needed house stuff on Saturday morning, went to a fun couples baby shower for my friend Courtney on Saturday night, Church this morning and then a very welcomed Sunday afternoon nap for me. Terry was great and took care of Stephen when he didn't nap so I could rest. Terry ran the Houston Half Marathon last Sunday morning and did great! Now he's thinking of running a full, I think he's crazy, but I know he can do it! :-)
Stephen got tubes in his ears at the first of January, and oh my, they have a made a world of difference! He is SO vocal now, and picking up new words and sounds every day. He now says please, well more like "peas", but I will take it! He's even put a couple of words together, like milk please and turn on. We still have a long way to go to get him caught up, but we have a wonderful, new speech therapist, Michelle, who will get him up to speed quickly I'm sure! Stephen is also learning to do hand motions to songs, he still won't always sing along, but I am thrilled that he's learning the motions!
So, while things have been crazy in the Wilson House, at least there has been a lot of good things happening!

1 comments:
Hey, Meredith, so glad to find a new blog. I know you've been so busy, and I remember how tired a mother can get. My mother once said, "There's people in the hospital who are not half as tired as I am!"
Just remember that these days will pass---not to say that things will get that much easier---just different :-)
No pressure here, but two are not that much more difficult than one.
Much love---and I'm so glad to hear the good news about Stephen's ears!!!
Nana
Post a Comment