Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nursery and Modified Bed Rest

So, I have less than three weeks to go before Baby Wilson is due to make his arrival! In some ways I feel like I have been pregnant forever, and in others ways it seems like the time has just flown by!

Last weekend we finished the nursery and I LOVE it! I think it turned out so cute. Thanks so much to Whitney for making the bedding, my mom for the quilt and helping me get organized, Victoria for the artwork and my wonderful husband for moving furniture, making a book case and hanging shelves! I'll post a couple of pictures here, but you can go to my picasa site to check out the rest: http://picasaweb.google.com/MeredithandTerryWilson/Nursery?authkey=Gv1sRgCMKOtOmEqPuLEw#

In other news, I was put on modified bed rest on Tuesday. My blood pressure has been a little high and I have had some swelling in my hands and feet. The midwives are concerned about me developing preeclampsia, so they told me to stay off my feet. The lower number in my blood pressure was 82, and it can be a big problem if it gets to 90, so that's why they are concerned. They told me I could continue w/ my water aerobics class since that is good for me and the baby, but other than that I am to stay off my feet. While I don't love not being able to do things, in some ways it's nice to get some extra rest before the baby arrives. At least the nursery is complete and Terry has been a HUGE help around here. Plus Whitney has brought us a meal and so has my friend Ashley, which is so nice. :-)

The best news of all for me is that Fall has finally arrived in Southeast Texas!!! Tuesday through Thursday of this last week we had a heat index of over 100 degrees!! So yesterday, when the cold front blew in, I was so excited! I LOVE Fall! The cool weather makes me feel like a new person. It's like a clean, fresh start. I really miss living in Lubbock, where the cold fronts blew through earlier and much more often and then you would have these beautiful blue skies. This is Homecoming Weekend at Tech and I cannot tell you how much I wish we were there. It's 48 degrees there right now, which means it will be downright cold for the game tonight and I can't think of anything better than cold weather and Texas Tech Football! Wreck 'em Tech!!!!

So, how's that for a random post?! That's what happens when I don't post very often. Sorry! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

1 comments:

Lindsay Sullivan said...

Cute nursery!